Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Emmett's way of talking

Lacey and I need to start recording what Emmett's been saying recently. He's really been cracking us up. Here are a couple of recent highlights:

He and I watched some Saturday morning programming the other day. We were looking for Babar, which had just ended, but the show Dragon came on and it was OK. A lot of Saturday morning show are a little junky and a tad violent, as they're aimed more at 7- and 8-year-olds whose sensibilities are different. But Dragon was kind of sweet and low key, and Emmett liked it and I approved. Later when we talked about it, I asked,"Did you like that show we watched."

"Yeah. It wasn't scary. Or news." Which I guess pretty much sums up what he doesn't like in a program.

Then, later in the weekend, all three of us were driving around, and Emmett announced, "Some houses have ding-dongs on, and some houses don't have ding-dongs on." It took us a while to realize he meant doorbells.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kaci said...

I enjoy these Emmett dialogs a lot.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home