Friday, November 17, 2006

Wu Tang Killer Bionic Hornets

Hat tip to Adam Novy. Soon we will be able to kill with our minds.

Israel is using nanotechnology to try to create a robot no bigger than a hornet that would be able to chase, photograph and kill its targets, an Israeli newspaper reported on Friday.

The flying robot, nicknamed the "bionic hornet", would be able to navigate its way down narrow alleyways to target otherwise unreachable enemies such as rocket launchers, the daily Yedioth Ahronoth said.


What ODB could have done with something like that.

Also, this is pretty sweet

It is one of several weapons being developed by scientists to combat militants, it said. Others include super gloves that would give the user the strength of a "bionic man"...

2 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

I like the bionic gloves idea, but how would it work? Aside from a few jars I don't generally need my hands to be that much stronger. I need my arms and my back.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I imagine it's all just comic bookish defense spending boondoggle. Some geeks get hired to work in a think tank and say, "Wow, we could make, uhhh, bionic hands!" And then are given millions of dollars to come up with a prototype that doesn't do crap.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home