Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Allen Ginsberg Sings on Firing Line



During NaBloPoMo expect a lot of YouTube posts from me. Why? Well, they're easy as hell to do. Got no idea for content on your blog? Hey, check out this video from (fill in number, then time unit) ago! In this case, almost 40 years ago. This one goes out to my man JC, with whom I watched a pretty decent Ginsberg documentary in the early 90s. This footage was in that documentary.


At the time, I remember thinking Buckley's sidelong look toward the camera was like that of the talent agent for whom Michigan J. Frog had not performed. A kind of "what the hell am I dealing with here" look, which on the talent agent is hilarious and on Buckley, well, it's entertaining but I still despise the man's politics.


What I couldn't know at the time is how much Ginsberg resembles a more self-confident version on Dr. Tobias Funke from Arrested Development.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home