Sunday, June 19, 2005

What Are You Reading?: Big Trouble

I've got a bunch of books going at once right now, but Big Trouble, which I bought almost a year ago has finally sung out to me from the shelves and I'm really digging it. It has leapt to the top on the pile.

Only about 100 pages in, magnificent writing about class strife in the American West, 1905. Miners, railroads, private eyes, you name it. Amazingly compelling prose. Its author, J. Anthony Lukas committed suicide before the books publication. I really want to read his book about Boston's busing and school intergration fights from the 1970s.

It's Father's Day. Not much going on here. Emmett is currently napping. My dad has bypass surgery on Wednesday.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Shannon-

I am taging you with a meme. check out:http://syd32.blogspot.com/2005/06/what-am-i-reading.html for details.

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home