Wednesday, July 09, 2008

My quick take on Dash Shaw's Bottomless Belly Button

The Bottomless Bellybutton The Bottomless Bellybutton by Dash Shaw


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
I'd give it more of a 3.5. It's weird, I really liked the book and like Shaw's style, but the payoff was a little thin for me. Also, checking out his other work, the guy's got the most lush sense of color of anyone in indie comics today, so it's a little disappointing that this work was so monochrome. Thematic choice? Maybe, but I think his usual varied palette could have done even more thematic work. Decent, but not mind-blowing. Definitely a cartoonist I'll be watching, though. Damn kid's only 25 and has a really solid grasp of sustained narrative.


View all my reviews.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home