Thursday, November 15, 2007

Zyzzybalubah

So, yesterday Emmett came down with strep. We could tell he was feeling really poorly after school and he started running a fever. We almost never let him watch TV on school days, but he felt so crummy that we let him just veg out on the couch and watch TV. He wanted to watch Pee Wee's Playhouse.

The one episode I paid any attention to while Lacey and I were cooking involved the entire Playhouse being abducted into outer space by a fleshy-headed alien named Zyzzybalubah, which, in the opening moment of the episode was also established, improbably, as the word of the day.

I thought to myself, hey, there's a decent name for an improv group. Turns out there's a quirky band from Philadelphia (lots random observations connecting me to that city these days) with the name already. They're pretty decent, although their sound is not quite as weird/raucous/Pee Wee Hermanesque as their name and accompanying visual would suggest. But I'm linking to them, so I guess that's a recommendation or something.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home