Friday, August 20, 2004

What I'm reading

So I've never really touched on why I started this blog, which is to talk about the books I'm reading and the music I'm listening to. So here's a quick little list, without any commentary, because I'm at work.

First, Harp Song for a Radical: The Life and Times of Eugene Victor Debs by Marguerite Young got panned by a lot of people when it came out if I remember correctly, but it's hitting me right where I live.

I bought The Tenants of Moonbloom yesterday and just started it. ALso from New York Review Books, I recently bought Envy, Part of Our Time, and American Humor. I haven't finished Envy yet.

For my birthday yesterday, Lacey got me Seven Swans by Sufjan Stevens, which I'm listening to for the first time right this second, Our Endless Numbered Days by Iron and Wine, and the amazing (I'm guessing) Charels Mingus box set, Passions of a Man.

Maybe some commentary one of these days.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home